- Became more organised
- Still left room for spontaneous new things
- 12 new things for Leap Day was a big highlight
Things I’ll definitely continue from February
- Learning to juggle has to be number one on this list. I had no idea how much fun it would be, or how much I’d want to keep doing it. A revelation!
- Making lip balms and lotion bars was a lot easier than I thought, and the end products are so nice to use. I’ll definitely make some of these for gifts.
- Hanging a picture on the wall revealed more than I thought about the gender roles in my house. I continue to hang up pictures all over the place.
- Writing a letter to a sick child is something important I’m glad I tried, and I’ve sent another one since.
- Going ice skating on real ice was a huge highlight, and plans are already in the pipeline to go again.
- Learning the alphabet backwards is a great party trick I’ll continue to practice.
- Trying a new cupcake cafe, and chocolate cafe in Frankfurt was great, and places I’ll definitely return to.
- Learning to tie a tie is a valuable skill that I hope I can be useful to someone one day!
Things I definitely won’t do again
- Watch a volleyball match – not enough drama for me
- Make marmalade – an interesting experiment, but the taste wasn’t worth the effort
- Make lace pancakes – a disaster!
- Ate pizza in the snow – for obvious reasons!
Things I’m still doing from January
I’m happy to report I’m still doing nearly all of my January ‘continues’. I still go to Tai Chi nearly every week, bake my freestyle bread, and compliment strangers when I can. The most life-changing one is the capsule wardrobe. I use it automatically and haven’t been clothes shopping since last year – it’s really something that has become part of my life.
- Struggled with being organised
- Often relied on new food
- Got creative when time ran out
Things I’ll definitely continue from January
- Tai Chi – I really enjoyed this and having been spreading the good word ever since. Can move your body subtely in new ways, whilst also being very relaxing.
- Capsule wardrobe – I now can’t imagine going back to the old way. I don’t feel restricted, and I get to wear clothes I love everyday. A keeper!
- Sign language – I just love learning this. It’s completely different to any other language and something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Very satisfying.
- Complimented a stranger – Such a nice feeling that benefits both people. I have done this multiple times since and not regretted it yet.
- Made bread without a recipe – Deeply satisfying. I’ve done this again since as well.
- Used Too Good To Go – A great idea that I plan to use again this week.
- Shop at the flea and farmer’s markets – I’ll do this again in a few weeks. A bit expensive for every week.
Things I definitely won’t do again from January